07 September 2005

Leadership for Louisiana


Leadership for Louisiana... that ain't 'stuck on stupid'

Watching Lieutenant General Russell Honore' restore order in New Orleans over the last several days leads me to say - I like this guy.

And I really like how he talks:
The American people "are not stuck on stupid."
(Meaning: look forward, don't recriminate, "going political" is stupid.)


"You gotta build trust. You build trust, you got speed. And you need speed in a crisis."
(Meaning: risks will be taken, things won't be perfect, but people will pull together.)


"You guys are working off a calendar," he tells his staff. "I'm looking at my watch."
(See above.)


"That is your mission!" he thunders into a satellite phone, in a voice that could peel paint. "I am the joint-task-force commander and you are an asset. Now get the [bleep] moving!"
(Gotcha.)


He truly is, as the ineffectual New Orleans admits, the "John Wayne dude" taking charge.

The Secretary of Homeland Security steps back and lets the General take charge...

HOOAH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's cool is the dude is like Vin Diesel - is he black, white, who knows and who cares? He gets the job done.

'Nuf said.

Anonymous said...

Amen

BRE said...

I'm crazy about the General myself. Once he stepped in things started happening, fast. He's neither black nor white, he's both. (Probably a bit of both races with just a dash of Cherokee thrown in to keep 'em guessing). I'd fight on General Honore's side anyday.

BTW, you doin' real good here Scott, real good. Seen your ratings lately? Is Museveni ready to give up, yet? No? Then stay in his face, Dude, stay in his face.