23 February 2005

Demon Hunter Hosts MTV2's 'Headbanger's Ball' - Call It The 'KORN Effect'?


KORN guitar superstar Brian Welch has captured the rock world's attention with his public proclaiming of Christ in his life.

Wow, maybe we should be playing more heavy metal hymns on Sunday! Could heavy metal be the key to Revival in our culture?

(Reuters, CNN) NEW YORK (Billboard) -- Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch has parted ways with the hard rock act, citing a recent religious awakening.

Welch broke the news Sunday on Bakersfield, California, station KRAB-FM. "I had it in my heart to come here and explain to you," Welch said. "I'm good friends with Korn. I love those guys, and they love me, and they're very happy for me."
Addressing the aggressive tone of the music he made with Korn, Welch said, "Anger is a good thing, and if kids want to listen to Korn, good, but there's happiness after the anger. I'm going to show it through my actions how much I love my fans."

Welch added that he would be appearing at a local church on February 27, during which time he would "speak (about) how I got to this place in my life, and I'll answer all your questions."

On its official Web site (korn.com), Korn's remaining members said they respect Welch's wishes and hope "he finds the happiness he is searching for." The group is in the studio working on a new album, due in September, which will be its first since fulfilling its contract with Epic last year. For now, no replacement for Welch has been named, nor has a new label home for the band.

On KRAB-FM Welch said:

“I was at rock bottom for like a year.
I have a daughter and the only
reason that I am not dead right now is that kid.
I was like, ‘what am I doing? What am I doing?’ I am not good to myself,
I can go up there and play those songs and those solos
but I was caught up in drugs and I distanced myself from Korn for probably a year and a half, two years.”

KRAB-FM also reports that Welch plans to leave for Israel on February 28, 2005. This has set up enormous questions about what future plans Welch has made with regard to his new Christian identity.

Rock fans want to know if this involves music - as do Christians interested in Evangelism - who are also curious if Welch plans outreach to his fanbase.

Welch has instantaneously become an enigmatic figure to both his fans and Christian leaders. He has our attention.



(Korn.com) Korn has parted ways with guitarist Brian Head Welch, who has chosen the Lord Jesus Christ as his saviour, and will be dedicating his musical pusuits to that end.

Korn respects Brian's wishes and hopes he finds the happiness he is searching for.

Jonathan, Fieldy, James and David are personally closer than ever...



All I can say is, Marilyn Manson, have you heard the Good News about the Gospel of...



Hey Demon Hunter! This is going to get people talking, and you are the ones to reach them with music, with major props to Falling Up...


As Michelle Malkin says, we want to hear more about Welch in mainstream media - especially since this follows the shockwave of former Pantera guitarist "Dimebag Darrell" Abbott's tragic murder on December 8, 2004 - creating an enormous period of introspection in the rock world.

Christian metal's moment has come. Let's hope there is an answer to His call.

No comments: