27 October 2004

Bring It On!

It is less than one week before the election, and they actually published my pro-Republican column in the Magnolia News (believe me, there have been several times this Summer and Fall when that didn't happen). Fifteen thousand people in our district are getting "the word" tonight - that matters! Here it is below... How many times have we heard from our friends and neighbors, "Well, I like you... but I just don't know about THE REPUBLICANS" and everything I have heard."
My friends, these good people are asking you, BEGGING YOU, to let them become one of US!
We are the most diverse, most free-thinking, most intellectual, most BIG TENT political movement in American history. Period. The point is: the last time I had a column this hot, my house got egged (for two solid weeks) and my car developed mysterious parking lot dents - could the Bush, Rossi and "ProtestWarrior.com" stickers have something to do with it? I don't care! I believe in the Second Amendment! And in the words of our GREAT President: Bring it on! We. All of us. You and me. Together:
We are going to make history,
If...WE JOIN TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
At this moment, the Boston Red Sox are celebrating their WORLD SERIES victory. What more do we need to hear than that (Manny Ramirez, you are my BROTHER! You are the EVERYMAN!) about overcoming the dominant message that has been heaped against us! We are Republicans. The party of Abraham Lincoln and the True American Dream, and the future that RONALD REAGAN has set out before the world: DEMOCRACY! We have a President, Senator and Governor and other important statewide offices... Who, together, represent a "Sea Change" in the politics of our nation, state and (even) city. It is happening. We are SO close to incredibly important accomplishments. Okay, maybe the utter destruction of the Fremont Lenin statue is only symbolic, but I know what motivates me!
Let's get busy!

No comments: